Our Google Audiences can help you get a leg up on your competition. We have proven the value of the Madgicx audiences on Facebook, and can now translate that success to GDN (Google Display Network).
If you haven't connected your Google account to Madgicx, you can follow this guide to do so- and start scaling your Google advertising. 🚀
Follow these steps or check out our click-through tutorial here to learn how to launch Google RDS ads using Madgicx.
Note: Google can take 1-2 days to review your campaigns, so remember to launch your campaign prior to your required launch date. Additionally, keep in mind that Google campaigns can take up to 5 days to start delivering.
Step 1: Select your audiences
Madgicx Google Audiences will have a small Google icon in the bottom right-hand corner of the audience tab. You can also select the filter “Show all Google Audiences,” to only show the available Google audiences.
The Madgicx audiences currently available for Google:
- Acquisition: Niche Prospecting from Top URLs
- Retargeting: Recent Visitors (0-30 days), All Visitors (30-180 days), Niche Retargeting From Top URLs, and High Intent Niche Retargeting From Top URLs.
- Retention: Website Leads.
Note: Many more Madgicx Audiences for Google coming soon.
Step 2: Choose where to launch the ads
You can now launch Facebook and Google campaigns simultaneously!
- Select ‘Campaign Launch Panel’ to launch Facebook ads into Google ad groups
- You can decide to Launch only your Facebook or Google campaigns by selecting the on and off button on either campaign.
You have three options as to where you can launch your audiences:
- Create a new campaign
- Launch into Madgicx optimized structure:
This creates campaigns for you, one for each funnel stage: it's helpful to keep your assets organized.
- Launch into an existing campaign:
Use this if you want to have all audiences within the same campaign.
Note: The budget is only placed on the campaign level and the campaign objective can be set to either 'Sales' or 'Leads.'
You can also choose to launch your Google audience as a single Ad group or as a part of a campaign.
If you choose Single Ad Group Campaign, then you will set your budget later in the process: but you can choose the location. You can launch every ad group as its own creation (as a Single Ad Group).
If you turn the Single Ad group off, then you will choose the campaign you’d like to launch your audience into. The budget will be that of your existing campaign.
Step 3: Select the creatives
- On the top part of the screen, you can select the audience to choose creatives for. You can choose all audiences to assign the same creatives to all of them, or choose different creatives for each audience: if you do that, make sure to save changes before moving on.
- This is where Madgicx creates synergy between Facebook and Google and takes your ad campaigns to the next level. You can select top ad creatives and top ad copies using your current Facebook data, and transfer your Facebook insight to Google.
- You can change the metric to evaluate your ads by clicking ‘Graded by’ on the left-hand side of the screen. We recommend you choose high-performance ads, based on a metric such as ROAS or CTR.
When selecting ads, you have the option to:
- Select existing Facebook Ads
- Select top ad combinations of existing Facebook ads from Creative Clusters
- Select Facebook and Instagram posts
- Select an ad without impressions by imputing the ad ID in the Ad selection Preview
- In the next step, you can upload a creative that hasn’t been used on Facebook before
Step 4: Edit your creatives
Madgicx simplifies the process of editing your ads for Google. All you have to do is select the creatives themselves and Madgicx will automatically crop your image according to Google’s requirements.
First, select at least two creatives:
- landscape image
- square image. 1:1 Ratio suggested. Size: 300x300. Google recommends images have a strong visual focus and minimum text overlay.
You can use up to 15 images in the campaign square.
Edit Creatives for Google RDS:
Google creates multiple ad images, ad videos, headlines, and descriptions, and will conduct many A/B tests to optimize multiple variations of your content. That is why it’s so important to provide Google with the best possible ad creations.
- You can choose up to 5 videos, 15 ad images, 5 headlines, 1 long headline, and up to 5 descriptions.
- You can crop your image to fit the right dimensions. (See the GIF below)
- The selected ad from below will appear in the larger preview box.
- You can upload your own image by clicking on the square with the + and upload your custom creatives with the required dimensions.
- If there’s an error, you will get an error message with an 'X' through the ad image or video, and you’ll be able to select a new creative.
- Images and videos can be deleted by hovering over the displayed item and selecting the 'trash' icon.
Google is quite strict with ad copy rules. Do not use capital letters (all caps), emojis, or known trademarks (Nike, Facebook, etc.) in any of the ad copy fields. Madgicx will notify you if the text is too long, however not all of Google’s requirements are implemented just yet: so we suggest that you select the “Check Google's requirements” button to make sure.
If your headlines, long headlines, and descriptions meet Google’s requirements, then a number will appear with a green checkmark. If they don’t meet Google's requirements, a red 'X' will appear in the top right-hand corner, alongside a note of the issue.
Note: We highly recommend that after you launch your campaign, you enter your Google ad account to ensure that there aren’t any errors and that everything has launched properly.
This is the first line of your ad . Sometimes Google will shorten headlines depending on the placement. If it’s shortened, it will appear with an ellipsis.
- Headlines cannot exceed 30 characters
- Select up to 5 headlines.
- For each component of the ad copy, you can:
1) Duplicate the field by clicking on the 'duplicate' icon
2) Remove the field by clicking on the 'trash' icon
This will appear instead of the short headline in larger ads. Long headlines might appear without a description, and the length of the headline will depend on the site you ad appears in. If it’s shortened, it will appear with an ellipsis.
- Users can select up to 5 long headlines
- Long headlines cannot exceed 90 characters.
The description adds context and details to the headline. Advertisers can add up to 5 descriptions, which will be combined with any of the user’s headlines to generate their ads. The description might be shortened as well- then it will appear with an ellipsis. The description doesn’t show in all sizes and formats.
- Users can select up to 5 descriptions
- Descriptions cannot exceed 90 characters
Step 6: Set up the audiences
The Madgicx setup allows you to select the best possible assets for Google using the data you’ve already gained from Facebook. In terms of ad placement, Google does the work for you and selects from 3 million inventory partners throughout their network. However, it’s up to you to select the best age and gender groups for these ads.
Facebook and Google icons will appear next to the relevant fields for each platform. The two setup options available right now for Google are age and gender, but there will be more options coming soon!
Step 7: Finalize your Campaign Creation
Select 'Next' to finalize your campaign creation, and you're done!
That's all there is to it! 🎉
There’s more to come from this tool, such as additional Madgicx Audiences to choose from, so stay tuned! You can read more about the features and capabilities of this tool here, or about Madgicx GDN use-cases here.
In a few steps, you are able to launch Google and Facebook ad campaigns simultaneously; helping you reach billions of potential customers across the globe. To go through the process step-by-step using our click-through guide, click here.
As the first omnichannel platform in the world, Madgicx is the key to taking your reach to the next level! 🧙♂️