The Custom Automation tool is designed to take automation tactics to the next level. Due to the extent of customization available, it may prove to be difficult to grasp for people just starting out. This tool is especially beneficial to advertisers who manage larger budgets and/or multiple accounts.
If you’re just starting out or manage a smaller account, it’s best to start with our simplified version of Automation tactics, you can learn how to get started with Automation tactics here. The basic Madgicx automation tactics (Stop Loss, Surf, Sunsetting, etc..) will help you to become familiar with the concept first. Once you have it mastered, you'll be able to build more complicated rule sets with Custom automation.
Users may use custom automation rules to:
- Build your own strategy and automate your ad buying workflows according to your KPIs in conjunction with your business needs.
- The tool tasks are applied in just a few clicks to your Campaigns, Ad sets and Ads to optimize your results.
- Set up Custom automation to manage the budget, change the status, name, bid strategy and more.
- Optimize your account according to your needs. Unlike automation tactics, you'll be able to create multiple complex tasks within one rule setup.
- Create custom rules for campaigns, Ads and Ad sets and ensure that budgets are being allocated correctly saving you from overspending and increasing your budget when performance is at its peak.
- Customize everything from the rate of increase and frequency, to the scheduling of when the tactic will be active.
- Set a Campaign, Ad-set, or Ad to pause indefinitely or to turn off during certain hours of the day if X is reached.
There are countless ways you can use custom automation to scale and optimize your account. We recommend once again that if you are unfamiliar with automation tactics or you’re a new Advertiser, that you begin with our simplified automation tactics and move on to custom automation tactics once you’re familiar with the automation process.
If you’re ready to get started, check out this Step by Step article to get set up!
We wish you the best of luck optimizing your account!